WELCOME

You search the scriptures... John 5:39

Monday 24 June 2013

The New life In Christ: Jesus warns against selfishness: Be careful and guard all kinds of greed. Life is not measured by how much one owns. Luke 12:15.

Jesus used stories to tell these things to the people; he always used stories to teach them.
This is as the prophet said:
I will speak using stories;
I will tell things that have been secret since the word was made.” (Psalm 78:2)
Matthew 13:34-35.
Jesus told this story: “There was a rich man who had some land, which grew a good crop. He thought to himself, ‘What will I do? I have no place to keep all my crops.’ Then he said, ‘This is what I will do: I will tear down my barns and bigger ones, and there I will store all my gain and other goods. Then I can say to myself, “I have enough good things stored to last for many years. Rest, eat, drink, and enjoy life!”
“But God said to him, ‘Foolish man! Tonight your life will be taken from you. So who will get those things you have prepared for yourself?’
This is how it will be for those who store up things for themselves and are not rich toward God.” Luke 12:16-21. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment