WELCOME

You search the scriptures... John 5:39

Friday 17 February 2012

The New Life In Christ: “Could you not stay awake with one hour? Matthew 26:40.

Then Jesus went with them…and he said to his disciples, “Sit here while I go over there and pray.”…Then he said to them, “I am deeply grieved, even to death; remain here, and stay awake with me.”…Then he came to the disciples and found them sleeping;”…So could not stay awake with me one hour? (He wanted us to sacrifice something by saying ‘stay awake one hour’ and not saying ‘spend one hour’… If we indeed search the scriptures we can understand the difference.) Stay awake and pray that you may not come into the time of trail; the spirit indeed a willing, but the flesh is weak.” Again he went away for the second time and prayed…Again he came and found them sleeping, for their eyes were heavy. So leaving them again, he went away and prayed for the third time, saying the same words. Then he came to the disciples and said to them, “Are you still sleeping and taking your rest? Matthew 26:36-45.
…and those who seek me diligently find me. Proverbs 8:17.
Search the scriptures… John 5:39. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment