WELCOME

You search the scriptures... John 5:39

Saturday 21 January 2012

The New Life In Christ: “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.” Romans 9:15.

It does not, therefore, depend on man’s desire or effort, but on God’s mercy.
For the Scriptures says… “I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.” Therefore God has mercy, on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden. Romans 9:16-18.
But who are you. O man, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’” Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for common use? Romans 9:20-21.
What then shall we say? That the Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have obtained it, righteousness that is by faith; but Israel, who pursued a law of righteousness, has not attained it. Why not? Because they pursued it not by faith but as if it were by works. They stumbled over the “stumbling stone” As it is written:
“See, I lay in Zion a stone that causes men to stumble and a rock that makes them fall, and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame.” Romans 9:30-33.
 “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” Romans 10:13. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment