WELCOME

You search the scriptures... John 5:39

Sunday 15 December 2013

The New Life in Christ: If you believed, you would see the glory of God. John 11:1-40. (Living witness.)

The sisters, Mary and Martha sent a message to Jesus. “Lord, Lazarus whom you love is ill.”
But Jesus heard it, he said, “This illness does not lead to death; rather it is for God’s glory, so that the Son of God may be glorified through it.”
When Mary came where Jesus was and saw him, she knelt at his feet and said to him, “Lord, if you had been, my brother would not have died.”
He said, “Where have you laid him?”
They said to him, “Lord, come and see.”
Jesus said, “Take away the stone.”
Martha, the sister of dead man said to him, “Lord, already there is a stench because he has been dead four days.”
Jesus said to her, “Did I tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God?
So they took away the stone.
And Jesus looked upward and said, “Father, I thank you for having heard me. I knew that you always hear me, but I have said this for the sake of the crowd standing here so that they may believe that you sent me.”
When he had said this, he cried with a loud voice, “Lazarus, come out!”
The dead man came out and Jesus said to them, “Unbind him, and let him go.” John 11:1-44.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment