WELCOME

You search the scriptures... John 5:39

Wednesday 26 October 2011

The New Life In Christ - But so that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins… Matthew 9:6.

Now a man came up to Jesus and asked, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?”
…Jesus replied, “If you want to enter life, obey the commandments.”
... “All these I have kept,” the young man said. “What do I still lack?”
Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven…”
When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth.’
Then Jesus said to his disciples, “I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 19:16-24.
“What do you think? There was a man who had two sons. He went to the first and said, “Son, go, and work today in the vineyard.’
“I will not,” he answered, but later he changes his mind and went. (obey the commandments of God)
Then the father went to the other son, and said the same thing. He answered, ‘I will, sir.’ But he did not go. (did not obey the commandments of God)
Which of the two did what his father wanted?”
“The first,” they answered.
Jesus said to them, “I tell you the truth, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you. For John came to you to show you the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him, but the tax collectors and the prostitutes did. And even after you saw this, you did not repent and believe him. Matthew 21:28-32.
…there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he (Jesus) said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” 2Corinthians 12:7-9.
He (Jesus) chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things-and the things that are not- to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him. 1Corinthians 1:27-28.
“The stone the builders rejected has become the capstone; the Lord has done this, and it marvelous in our eyes.’ Matthew 21:42. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment