WELCOME

You search the scriptures... John 5:39

Sunday 6 November 2011

The New Life In Christ - A fair balance……

...give me neither poverty nor richer; feed me with the food I need, or I shall be full, and deny you…or I shall be poor, and steel, and profane the name of my God. Proverbs 30:8-9.
For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich. … Our desire is not that others might be relieved while you are hard pressed, but that there might be equality. At the present time your plenty will supply what they need, so that in turn their plenty will supply what you need. Then there will be equality, as it is written: “He who gathered much did not have too much, and he who gathered little did not have too little.” 2Corinthians 8:8-15.
As it is written: “He has scattered abroad his gifts to the poor; his righteousness endures forever.”
Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Matthew 7:21.
Because of the service by which you have proved yourselves, men will praise God for the obedience that accompanies your confession of the gospel of Christ, and for your generosity in sharing with them and with everyone else. 2Corinthians 9:9 & 9:13. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment